Friday, November 6, 2009

Flirting

Don't you love that phase on a possible relationship when you flirt with each other a lot? So, there this guy that I met at an online-dating site over a year ago. We lost touch for a while then he contacted me again and we have been friends on Facebook since then. We have each other cell phone numbers but we only texted (until tonight). We comment on each other's status and flirt like crazy on FB. Yet, we have never managed to get together in person.

I have asked him out twice and he was busy both times. He has asked me out twice and I was busy or out of town both times. Bad luck or a sign that we are not meant for each other? Today we were again flirting and he said something about me using being a girl as an excuse for something, my response was: "I could tell you that I can prove (being a girl) it but why bother? :-P". It was all my intention to let him know that I thought he is really not interested in dating me so, I implied that he wouldn't be interested in finding out if I'm really a girl. Of course I got the response I wanted and he asked me how I would prove I'm a girl. By the time he posted that I was already gone from work so I didn't answer.

I don't know how long it was after that, less than 10 minutes. I got a text. The conversation went like this:

Him: how would you prove you are a girl?
Me: how would you prove you are a guy?
Him: what do you want you see or feel?
Me: my thoughts exactly
Him: what do you have to offer?
Me: nothing you would be interested in (I thought that by teasing him like that I would get him to react and ask me out again or something)
Him: what would you say that?
Me: we have been online buddies for over a year and yet we haven't met for real. There is a reason for that

Two seconds later my phone rang!!! "Hey, it's Him"

Long story short, we talked for about 10 minutes (first time we talked) and there is a 98% chance that I will meet him for lunch on Wednesday!

I'm kind of worried that if we meet the text-online spark will die. Maybe it will increase? What if he doesn't like me? What if I don't like him? Anyone wants to take bets on the possibility that I will actually meet him this time?

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha you go Deray! The part were you are just flirting and testing each other out is fun indeed ^_^!

    I do hope you guys meet for real this time! Oeh!! how exciting! And just be yourself and you'll be fine! There has to be a reason why he contacted you again right? And that he called you right? Keep us posted okay! Have fun ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TJ, I do hope to meet him this week. I think that we are wasting our time either way. If we like each other well, we can get to know each other more and date. If we don't, then we will be done with the flirting and I will move on. I'll keep you posted, for sure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you do meet up with him, I think you need to see if all these sparks lead to something.

    I guess it is just 'wait and see' time, if he doesn't do something about it this time, then it is his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right Claire, he is the first one that I met online and didn't meet in real life right away, as you said, I want to know if the sparks lead somewhere or it is time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you have done the online dating thing before? Have you met bloggers in real life too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been on OKcupid, a free online dating site for about 2 years. I met 3 guys in person, none worth dating more than 2 times. I haven't met bloggers in real life but I only started blogging in English a few months ago. Some of my friends have blogs in Spanish though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to my calculations, today is the big day. You're three hours ahead there so the sun is probably just rising above Mt. Lemon. Good luck! I hope everything works out and the two of you have a wonderful time meeting each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks NP! But, it is actually tomorrow. So far he has been in contact by text and he hasn't canceled so, it might just happen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you know why I write aphorisms and am not a mathematician. Let me know how things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I jinxed myself. It is Tuesday at 10:07 pm and he didn't call to arrange the date. So, I will go to work tomorrow and I don't know what I'm going to do if he calls at the last minute. What do you guys say?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heey Deray! Hmm difficult. Well there is always the chance that something has come up and that he didn't had the time to call/text.

    Did he text you already when you read my comment? Or did you text him? I really hope he did.

    Otherwise trust your instincts. If you really want to find out if there's more than a spark, I say go ahead and go on a date, just to
    see if there is more. I mean there is something between you, otherwise you wouldn't be texting each day, right? Maybe he got cold feet, it is different to see each other in real life of course and maybe he's a bit afraid himself ^_^.

    Let us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I forgot to add! If he didn't text and you did text him and he didn't respond, you can always hear out why he didn't respond. But I get the feeling that if things go so forced and you get your hopes up and in the end it doesn't go through, it isn't fun anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Text him if he doesn't text you. It's better to know the truth than keep wondering.

    ReplyDelete