Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sonoran hot-dogs!

I had promised to take pictures of real Sonoran hot-dogs for the longest time. I finally did it!

Here we have the variety of franks you can select for your hot-dog, they are all wrapped with bacon but they vary on being pork, turkey, regular size, super-size and filled with cheese, american or Chihuahua. I chose to get a Chihuahua-filled frank, super-size, it is like 1.5 hot-dogs.

After you pick your frank it gets put in a warm bun, then the guy added beans (whole pinto beans), grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo (I didn't get chorizo in mine but you could) and it looked like this:
Then it was time for toppings! Note, this place doesn't have a lot of toppings but they have what I like so, here, take your pick;
That's grilled yellow (chilaca) peppers and 1000 islands dressing,

Relish and blended jalapenos,
Sliced jalapenos and onions mixed with chipotle,

A few hot sauces, mustard, ketchup and cheese sauce (melted american cheese with milk),

Pickles and mushrooms,

White cheese and whole jalapenos, yeah, yeah, we like jalapenos!

Of course it wouldn't be a Mexican dish without avocado, blended in this case, oh yeah and more onions.

This is the end product, I added mushrooms, avocado, cheese sauce, grilled yellow peppers and mustard.

For size comparison, that was a 355mL Mexican Coca-cola


And a transverse view so you can all continue drooling!


Needless to say, I enjoyed my dinner that night. Oh yeah, there were fries also but I didn't take pictures of that =P. If you ever go to Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico you can eat this wonderful creations at El Gordo Hot-dogs, Olivares and Blvd. Navarrete ;-).

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a hot dog in ages (even if I'm a wimp who prefers the nice, safe sauerkraut & ketchup.) I need to pick some up at the store again...

    ReplyDelete