Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010

What a year! I lost my Tata, I became a PhD candidate (reason why I haven't blogged since September) and I met Germanman. I have been so busy studying and hanging out with Germanman that I haven't had time for anything else. It's now that I have a few days off of work that I remembered I have this thing called a blog.

The first semester of the year was really sad for me. My tata was very sick and passes away in May. As you know he was my dad and it was really hard to lose him. I had planned to do my qualifying exam at the end of the semester but my emotional state didn't let me.

At the beginning of the summer I met Germanman and we have been seeing each other in a non-serious relationship since then. I have been to few really cool places with him, I went back to my nature-loving self, to the point that if I don't go for a long walk outside every weekend I get jittery. He was very supportive when I was studying for my exam and would be super-stressed, he never let me doubt that I would pass the exam and was just there when I needed a break.

I did my exam in early December and I fill like a ton has been lifted off my shoulders. Passing the exam means that my committee is confident that I know enough to deserve a PhD. It feels great to know that now everyone knows I'm not wasting my time here.

I don't want to say that I have New Year's resolutions because every time I do that I don't follow them. All I want for next year is love.

Happy New Year to all my 5 readers!

3 comments:

  1. Ciao Diana! This year was indeed a struggle for you, but I'm glad that it got a bit better towards the end of the year! I'm proud of you!

    Feliz 2011!!

    Xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, hon (& never worry about silly things like "resolutions!") Happy New Year. My best to you & yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, come on, Deray. You have AT LEAST 6 readers. ;) I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. That is such a difficult thing to go through. May your 2011 bring happier things, including more time with Germanman!

    ReplyDelete