Monday, July 18, 2011

Noisy neighbors!

I'm currently staying at my complication's for a month or so. I sublet my apartment to help an incoming grad student (and to spend more time with the German, of course). The thing is, the back wall of his bedroom faces the backyard of a house. The house happens to be rented by a bunch of college students. You can see where I'm going right?

Well, they don't usually have loud music but, they built a half-pipe thingy and they skateboard on their yard every night. With the accompanying cheering and yelling. This usually goes on till 3-4 am...every fraking night!

Germanman talked to the landlord and in theory, he talked to the boys and they did keep their activities down for a few days but they have been at it again for the past 3-4 days. The German whistles and yells at them every night and we do use earplugs but it's still not enough. Do you guys think we should call the police? even though they don't have loud music?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. This sucks! I'm surprised the landlord has allowed the half-pipe thing. Sounds like it a possible insurance nightmare. You might want to talk to him again, saying you'd really like to avoid calling the police but will do it if necessary. If that doesn't work, say the same to the kids. Noise is noise, it doesn't matter what kind it is. Also, keep all of your dealings with all parties in a log. If someone vandalizes your place as a result, you know where to point fingers. Man, this sucks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ridiculous. I would not put up with such irresponsble and annoying behavior for a single night. Then the next morning I would be contacting the landlord and the police. We don't have to put up with any noise after 11 PM and I lve in the bush. I cannot imaging you tolerating what you describe. There's no way that I would.

    ReplyDelete